BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Blah.

Today was an 'okay' day, did nothing special, except maybe eat chana chat with crisps sprinkled all over it. There's so much to do, so much to study, I have a block assessment coming up soon, I'm a little nervous, but I don't know why I just can't get myself to study. I literally have to drag myself to my books. =/ And I seriously don't know what's so wrong with me these. I know there is "something", but I just can't put a finger on it. I'm writing too many poems, I feel like a factory more than anything else. Thanks to someone, I hate the word "poetess" with a passion. It makes me feel like some old and haggard 100 year old woman walking with a stick and scribbling on clay tablets about her feelings. Ick. Changing tracks, studying embryology makes me feel like a little miracle. There are around 165784365436 things that can go wrong in the womb. Alhamdullilah, we all need to learn to be so much more grateful. I don't have much to say, but I wanted to cut the monotony of so many poems, that too all about pain and sorrow :P I'm not as emo as I sound. I'm a very happy person, alhamdullilah, I just have my ways of expressing joy. Oh by the way, I tried writing something really dumb, let me just paste it here at the end:


I dug a tiny hole,
I buried myself in it,
deeper and deeper,
until I had no doubt
that anyone would pull me out.

I caked the opening with mud,
with silt, with concrete,
then I used the stick of fate,
to tap it dry and neat.

Nobody had to know what lay,
under the layers of clay,
it could be a very dark past,
or a life that had ended too fast.

As the winds blow the dust away,
I add a few tears to wet the sandy clay,
I watch the frays of secrets peeking,
the remnants of what my heart was seeking.

I use a few pebbles to line the site,
of shattered dreams and sleepless nights,
of so many regrets and endless passions,
of lack of hope and absence of compassion.


It's still a little incomplete, but I'm very out of ideas at the moment, so I will add to it later.

Enough said.

0 comments: