BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Paki Landings.

Nov 18, 2008: During PIA flight to Lahore. 1:55 A.M Saudi time.

Sometimes you have to leave behind so much that even your memory falters to remember each and everything you have left behind…I think that’s what I am encountering at the moment…I thought my departure would be teary and depressing, but contrarily it wasn’t…Currently I am sitting with absolutely nothing to do…I have tried to busy myself in sorting out my wallet, but gave up when I mixed up Saudi and Pakistani currency…then I searched around to find something amusing and yes, I did find a lot of amusing “stuff”..including a lot of ignorant people, ugly and obnoxious children, desi men hitting on air hostesses, and single aunties who were busy attending their cell phones, while we were air-borne, in spite of the crew’s warning, rather than shutting their fugly kids up, who were literally fighting over seats and seat belts. One word, ANNOYING. If people can’t handle their kids, they shouldn’t have kids or they should leave them at home especially when traveling. I mean, as if the stale cabin air, the difference in cabin pressure, jet lag, leg cramps, nausea and homesickness aren’t enough issues to deal with! Just a few moments ago a lady left her few months old infant on the seat (without a seat belt) and went to the loo. What kind of an irresponsible attitude’s that? If the kid had fallen and injured himself, who’d she sue? The PIA staff? Then she comes back and orders this male flight attendant to boil water for her baby to make him a bottle. Ah..THE baby was such a freak, he always cried at the peak hours of my sleep and the mother failed to soothe him. Her attitude surprised me, I felt that two-three hours into the flight and she’d order the pilot to put the plane on auto and change her stupid baby’s diaper! Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate kids, I just hate some kids and their weird parents! Especially those who wreck havoc around! After a meal of biryani by PIA, I don’t feel drowsy at all…the after taste of that food was enough to keep one awake for around forty-eight hours. There are no TV screens for each passenger, no headphones, and a very uninteresting map of the world on a small screen in front, which showed the location of the craft after every five minutes. BORING. I just noticed that in PIA, flight attendants fish for reasons to talk to passengers. It’s either because they are really dedicated towards their job or they are bored out of their minds. Sighs. Okay, the kids sitting on my right, on the aisle beside mine fought AGAIN. The dumb guy fought with his sister and is now bawling like a cow on a merry-go-round. The mother failed to do anything as usual and as expected. The flight attendant had to intervene to stop the stupid kids from killing each other. Wish we could drop these kids somewhere on the way…We are currently flying over the Gulf of Oman, so probably somewhere along the way we should push the kids through the windows…that is if the windows opened. The seat belt signs are going on and off a little too often, I’m guessing it’s the pilot’s son, who he forgot to arrange a babysitter for, who’s playing around with colorful buttons in the cockpit. I feel like sharing this doubt of mine with the aunty sitting on the right, I have this nasty urge to freak her out of her mind….


[to be continued, if I manage to find the air sickness bag behind which I had jotted all this down :)]

0 comments: