BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Epiphany.


As I walked through rain today, I realized,
that every little drop had something to say,
it wanted to rest on my brow, then on my cheek,
it wanted to dance in front of my eyes throughout the day.

Every step into a puddle, sent a spiral of rings,
for every little splash, my heart just wanted to sing,
the clouds seemed to smile, the droplets celebrate,
today I had no worries about the mysteries of my fate.

When the leaves bent under the weight of dew,
the air smelled fresher, every breath so new,
I wanted to close my eyes and feel the breeze,
I wanted to sprout wings and fly with ease.

As the droplets soaked me through and through,
I felt like a swan in the waters deep blue,
when my spread palms were greeted by rains,
I knew I could let go of all the strains.

I wanted to jump into puddles, fling mud around,
I wanted to touch the sky, lift my feet up the ground,
I wanted to pinch the clouds, dance in the rain,
I wanted to forget the tears, bid farewell to pain.
I wanted to arrange the rain drops on my lashes,
I wanted to kill the flame, scatter the ashes.

I looked up the sky and smiled at the clouds,
today things were clear, there wasn't a single doubt.
I didn't want the sun to come out, I liked the gloom,
it felt like the world had finally given me some room.

I stretched my arms and lifted my face,
each little drop gifting me with so much solace.
I squinted my eyes as the drops fell one by one,
the lands of my heart were no longer barren.

0 comments: