BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Better forgotten.

A very touching song by Noor Jehan, which I really felt like translating. Even though I'm sure I haven't done justice to the original Urdu lyrics, I wanted to share my lame attempt.


I'm glad that you forgot,
the love I had for you.
It was a mistake,
better forgotten, then begot.

I will convince myself,
that my foolish eyes were,
seeing meaningless dreams,
of me and thyself.
I lost you, everything too,
Only in my wildest dreams,
was everything mine.

I'm glad that you forgot,
the love I had for you.
It was a mistake,
better forgotten, then begot.

My heart's full of embers,
where'd flowers blossom?
We were always two sides of a river,
How'd we ever together come?

I'm glad that you forgot,
the love I had for you.
It was a mistake,
better forgotten, then begot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sidra, i salute u as i know its pretty difficult to translate in limited lines & preserving rhymes.

i think that also has put some limit to the depth of translation. still, u know the language...u know better :)

Sidra Ch. said...

Thanks Ahmed. Good to see you here! I better see a blog from your side soon enough too! :)