BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

In Hiding.


There's so much more to us,
than blood, flesh and bones.
There are hidden alleys,
there are very dark zones.

there's a heart that beats pain,
pumping agony through our veins.
then there's a mind perched on top,
churning thoughts and feelings non-stop.

be it blue, black or hazel eyes,
they are hiding the deepest lies,
lips maybe full or very thin,
but they hide dark secrets within.

hands clenched into tight fists,
unseen gashes adorning our wrists,
wells of tears set beneath our lashes,
our rusty soul each droplet washes.

ears yearning to hear some tune,
but alas, there's nothing but gloom.
our head dies to lean on someone's shoulder,
nights turn longer and winters even colder.

each glance around is just futile,
all is lost that was once worthwhile.
when barren trees blankly stare back,
i'm reminded of all that i really lack.

my eyes, my mind, my heart,
everything just breaks apart,
my soul, my cries, my tears,
at me everything seems to jeer.

when autumn leaves fall to the ground,
something in my chest abnormally pounds.
the skies want to rain on me,
but they don't know how it's to be so lonely.

when i set my eyes to the sun,
the rays shoot back at them like a gun,
blinding me through and through,
as if i'm the ill-fated one.

when the deepest fears lift their heads,
by underlying passions they are fed.
the darkest secrets come alive,
they burn, they rot, they deprive.

when i sit down under a shady tree,
to ponder about my forlorn life,
i'm left to fight a never-ending fight,
it's me against life together in strife.

0 comments: