BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Vivid Blurs.


I tell myself to pick up my pieces,
to ignore my palms with wretched creases,
to close my eyes to the dark shadows,
to dream and wait for future breezes.

When the rays of the sun strike my face,
I feel sorrow has held me in tight embrace.
The fiery lights pierce deep through me,
it's a pain within me, nobody can see.

The dry leaves scratch against the ground,
leaving me to drown in the sound,
of crackling laughter and so many cries,
to witness every joy as it slowly dies.

With defiance I try to pick myself up,
to capture the solitude in a china cup,
to hit it hard against a solid wall,
to watch the tiny shards as they sprawl.

The barren branches of autumn trees,
push me deeper into blood-filled seas,
for help I try so hard to reach out,
but the waves of time lull every shout.

There comes a time when numbness comes,
I'm left to pick up my broken crumbs,
from the left, from the right, up and down,
in the endless pit, I've left to drown.

I resurface and then drown deep,
in quarries of pain, I'm left to creep.
Every nightmare now a mundane tale,
every scar hidden under a shiny veil.

My eyes getting dimmer with sorrow,
waiting for a brighter tomorrow,
to rise up with grace and with glory,
to become a legend, not just a story.

I remind myself that life's too short,
through glass and rocks i need to sort.
I need to save myself from major blows,
there will be thorns for every rose.

I flow along the currents of time,
not a single piece of shore to climb,
I let it carry me to lands unknown,
my heart's all numb, my body of stone.

For every little shove that I feel,
I realize these wounds may never heal,
each bruise is a little epiphany,
of the past and what I once used to be.

Each breath becomes too painful to maintain,
everything seems a loss, where are the gains?
I glance at the sky, searching for a sign,
every wound seems to be coated with brine.

Lips now too parched to say or speak,
for chances of rescue look too bleak.
I can feel my heart dipping in cold,
all turns to rust, that was once gold.

Then little by little darkness creeps,
specks of bright light it gently sweeps,
taking along so much from what's left of me,
it carries me along too, to my chosen destiny.

0 comments: