BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mental Gutters.


Today was a good day. In fact, it was amazing. Before I get too carried away with praising my day to the skies, let me break the news as to "why" exactly my day was so good. Amir, Hibah, Samir and Hamza Haneef met up in Saudi and all of them called me up. It was so nice to hear all their voices in one go, without having to sign into msn or yahoo to talk to them all! The joy had a high of its own. At a point, I could feel tears welling into my eyes, but I didn't want tears to dampen my happiness at that point. I yearned to fly off to Saudi at that very moment. I wanted to be in Hibah's lounge, on the beige sofas, and curl up to the latest gossip and talk non-stop about people we all mutually hated, take pictures like no other and imitate all those we hated with a passion. And what's even more amazing is that AMIR, our good-for-nothing bacha, got into the army. lol. I'm happy for him, he really needed something to grip on. Umm, then SAAAD came online. lol. That was an unexpected "bonus", in his words. But it was nice, since I got to know that he's alive, just busy in the torrential amounts of final year blues. Then I am currently talking to Imad, my high school savior. I was just telling him how emotionally healthy I felt while talking to old friends and how it restored my mental strength. It's something too great for words. I yearned to graduate back in senior year...I wanted time to fly when I had to solve derivatives for calculus and now I look back and miss it all. So much drama, so much of scrutiny at every single step, so much of looking back and taking careful steps...What kind of theatrics is this? Sighs. Sometimes I feel our minds work like sewage systems..We all think about the crap in life. We try to filter it, make it seem pretty, try to look for ways to get through it, or sometimes just to go around it. Our cortical cells keep exerting themselves over the nonsensical people, things and places that make life seem a drag or a mental trauma, in spite of this realization, we still continue clogging our system with filth..so much so that the filth starts pouring out of ourselves, like old, busted, and blocked public gutters of Pakistan. What I mean to say is that we're all gutters at the end of the day. Our covers maybe be loose, tight, old or new, but we are all holding in something dark and ugly beneath it. We are open to cleaning, but it's not easy to change gutters into holy places of worship. It takes time and patience, two things that we all seldom have. We have a dark alley of twists and turns deep within us. Like veins churning out the blackest and darkest of things. There's so much to us that our "lid size" fails to convey. And we stay gutters our whole lives. The gutter next to us doesn't bother us- it had its own pipelines, clogging issues and such, we are only concerned about our share of filth- either when we are sucking it in or spewing it out. I don't work in a sewage company, I think I need to clarify that at this point. haha. I'm a first year medical school student and I have enough filth to pave my way through. Anyways, keeping the flow intact, lets just say that I feel like a cleaner gutter today! Alhamdullilah! :)

0 comments: