BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

In Love with a Serpent


i'm in love with a serpent,
he forms a noose around me,
as precious as a gold pendant,
he makes me love so deeply.

when i plunge into marshes of sadness,
he's there to pull me out,
my heart fills with gladness,
i trust him without doubt.

when he stings at my heart,
i don't mind the scar,
when he hisses at me,
my eyes glow like a star.

when the scales pass over my skin,
they burn me till deep within,
when the fangs bury deep,
through my blood the poison seeps.

when he tightens around my neck,
i cry tears devoid of regret,
as my skin turns a blue,
death is near i knew.

i knew, when our eyes met,
there was nothing i'd get,
since he was the serpent,
i was just prey,
flesh left and no breath remained,
my body had just then turned gray.

Rest in peace read my grave,
I was someone my love failed to save.

0 comments: