BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

On My Way...

What a Saturday morning. Seriously. My day started off with receiving two smses from my childhood friends, both of them from Saudi. One who knew me from diapers till dupattas, Iqraa. The other who knew me from my elementary school fiascoes till now. Even though I was pretty much half asleep, I smiled to myself. These were the little things that could make you feel triumphant about being "wanted", being "missed", being "remembered", being "important". Sometimes that's all you need to feel better and recharge yourself for yet another day of your highly erratic life. It seems just like yesterday when we got over with LMS and now we have another module coming up, the Cardiovascular System this time, just a week's time left. This year FLEW. April's almost ending, come May, June and then tadaaa, July's here and I head back home, Saudi that is. I will miss Islamabad, lol. Although I'm going for just 3 weeks, it's going to be hard leaving my college friends behind for a while. I will miss people making fun of everything I say and do. Lol. Usman's inside jokes, Sahla's hopelessness about me, Emmal's radical feminism, Sehr's happy hour, Hassan's chips and Rajeel's higly interesting stories. And last but not the least, some loser's highly inane jokes about me. You know you who are and also how much I hate you. Anyways, so I'm supposed to do a lot today. Study, study, study, then probably sort through my stuff and then get in touch with a few people, maybe. I rejoined Facebook. I think it was hard to stay away from gooey drama. But I guess I shouldn't "let my enemies drown me" and try becoming thick-skinned. The other day I was going through my 8th grade autograph diary and I came across such bizarre autographs. lol. All my friends advising me to "grow up" and become less of a nerd. I haven't changed maybe, because I get the same remarks even now. But I don't feel bad, I'm glad I didn't change that much. Changing in front of your eyes is very scary. Initially it starts off with just a tinge of change here and there, you just smile at it with confusion and overlook it. Then a vicious cycle starts off. One thing changes, another, then yet another. A string of changes encircles you, tightening its grip around you so strongly. It chains you to yourself, you can't even break away or even try to. You do things you never thought you'd do, you want to do things that seemed so off the hook to you in the past and all you want to do is to close your eyes as you experience the jolts of change shaking your wits out of you. It's like trying to contain sand in your fist. No matter how hard you try, the sand seeps out through your fingers. It falls down to accompany the other particles of sand to become just another grain in the sand. The pride of being a high and mighty dune just fades away with the strong storms that ransack the desert.

1 comments:

Eraj said...

i guess the "on ma way" title is a little to early..aint it??
abhi kafi tym hai!!....

n yup i agree..the year flew lyk nethng....
a few days back i realised we r done with almost half of our first year....

10% docs that is!!! :P
hv fun,
cheers,
happy blogging!!