BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dear God.

Dear God,

I have so much to say,
don't know where to start,
I just know that inside,
I'm slowly crumbling apart,
I miss the soul I had,
I miss the old me,
now it just seems that,
I'm a soul trapped in a body.
Gone are the days when I,
used to smile and cry,
now everything's of stone,
it's just me feeling all alone
when I look over my shoulder,
all I see are remains,
of the once sought-after pleasures,
of the very memorable pains.
I try to hold myself up,
drain my tears into a cup,
struggle to breath free,
from these dungeons of misery,
my voice is now so foreign,
this breath such a burden,
I often hear myself speak,
feeling so barren, so very bleak,
my own shadow seems to be,
now so very weary of me,
some days I want to see,
if maybe death could now help me,
sometimes it's not a person,
it's a feeling that commits arson,
it sets your life on fire,
burns you in your desires,
the flames smother my eyes,
they show me deeply-rooted lies,
and I finally realize,
I have lost You in this maze,
that I am blinded in this haze,
I miss crying out loud to You,
to pull me through and through,
in this quagmire of color and hue,
where I'm lost without a clue.
The comforts that I got,
when I put my head to floor,
how after every prayer,
I wanted to ask You for more.
Oh God, I've become an old wall,
broken and just so fragile,
I want You to fix me back,
return me all my smiles.

0 comments: