BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Listen















Listen closely,
to my tears as they flow,
down my cheeks, so slow,
before dying at my lips below.
Listen for they die to speak,
to you, to me, to us,
to profess and to confess.
Did you hear that?
A slow cracking sound?
Like something broke, so profound.
I think 'twas something within me,
Broken, detached, finally so free.
A whimsical tune,
from the deepest chamber,
a feeling of piercing warmth,
like walking on embers.
Listen again carefully,
there's a muffled sob,
I think it's me again,
courage I fail to feign.
Listen again,
for I'm deaf to my own screams,
I'm just trapped in an ugly dream,
hear me out as I cry in solitude,
all my wounds so naked, so nude.
Listen now,
to my rising and falling breath,
as if weakly calling out to death,
to hold my hands and let me free,
to take me away, help me flee.
Rest your head on the marble,
listen to the butterflies mutter,
as around my tombstone they flutter,
and listen for one last time,
your name as my cold lips utter it over and over,
which even the heaviest soils fails to cover.
As I smile from beneath,
I listen too,
to your tears this time,
because it's your turn now,
to listen, just to listen.

0 comments: