BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Nothing, but Eyes.


She stared with eyes of stone,
her gaze pierced me through,
I didn't even know, why so?
I just assumed, it was nothing.

But the eyes followed me,
wherever I went, they seemed to be,
I ducked, I covered myself,
but I couldn't escape, I was caught,
but then again, it was nothing, I thought.

Silent she was, never said a word,
or maybe I never bothered, never heard,
even her quiescence seemed to talk,
obstruct me in my blithed walk,
but like my usual self I thought, she was nothing.

Misty and yet so very clear,
her eyes seemed so full of fear,
of what was to come, what was to happen,
to me or to her, of how time was misshapen.
She stared at me long and hard,
her eyes watered, glistening every shard,
of her broken soul and tattered heart,
I was watching her, as she broke apart.
It was all in the eyes, I didn't have to go deeper,
they were holding so much back, those secret keepers.

I never saw her again waiting in the rain,
standing under a broken shed and shivering,
turning her head around again and again,
just to check whether I was around the bend,
looking so aloof, carefree she was, she'd pretend.
The sidewalk was empty, the shadowy figure gone,
She was no more, she was gone, had become foregone.

I can't get those eyes out of my head,
although it has been a decade since she's dead,
they still follow me wherever my feet carry me,
through every happiness and sorrow, they see,
So used to their presence I am now,
how would I live without them, just how?
I miss how I felt that there was nothing,
but now I know there was always something,
and that something was meant to be everything,
and now I want her back like anything,
but in the end I know, I'm left with nothing.
Just those two eyes, staring at me so helplessly,
asking me, questioning me, smiling at me,
tossing me around in whirlpools of craze,
the memories of those eyes just fail to erase.

0 comments: