BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Talking Crazy.


This long weekend was much-needed. I could have easily come home at 10 right after my fugly test ended, but the weather was too beautiful to remain indoors. It was raining like crazy and the winds were so wild! So instead of coming home early, I came back around 1. While I waited for my driver to pick me up, I had this really crazy urge of jumping in this big puddle in front of me. But I knew my mom would kick me out of the house if I came back with such dirty clothes, so I just decided to walk through it and not jump :P I was in such a good mood! I was walking in the rain and enjoying the feeling of getting wet, of not having anything to do, of looking forward to a long weekend, and of so many other things that words would probably fall short to elaborate. Once I got back home, I felt like dancing around in my lounge, but then I almost broke my mom's favorite vase, so I just decided to come off it. I immediately changed and sat in front of big window in my living room and stared out into the street. Everything looked so pretty, so clean, so pure. I just felt like jumping out my window. lol. I know this sounds highly crazy, but trust me, I was very hyper. That night I went out to BBQ Tonight for dinner and man, what an experience it was. Reminded me of Marhaba from back in Saudi, actually BBQ Tonight was a tadbit better, I must admit. When the waiter brought in "mutton ribs", I was suddenly reminded of pectoralis major and pectoralis minor muscles. Eww, so much anatomy. Anyways, I had a good time stuffing my face amidst the noise of clattering plates, rowdy children and super-excited adults. When the waiter served Hammous as an appetizer, I suddenly missed Saudi so much. Honestly, I was never a huge fan of it back home, but that day I just ate it for the sake of the good old days. It tasted yum. :) Saturday was a blur, did nothing special. Just went to my tailor. I hate that place, because it's so full of Indian songs. Seriously, they can't function without listening to weird Indian songs, it pisses me off, and it can get pretty embarassing. Anyways, Sunday was amazing. We suddenly planned to go to Pir Sohawa, a place I had never been to before. The drive upwards was so scary, I thanked God that I wasn't the one on the driving seat :P especially the sharp turns and the very low-barricades. I had a chocolate fudge shake at Monaal and enjoyed listening to the songs, those singers were singing live. It was just so beautiful. I really wanted to go hiking, but saved the idea for the next time I came here, probably with my dad and brother. After like a 4-5 hour stay at Pir Sohawa, we decided to go to Lok Wirsa, which was an amazing exhibition of paintings and other arts and crafts. Looking at such nicely-done sketches, I so wanted to get one done for myself! By the time I came back home around 8, I was so beat and so tired that I couldn't even get myself to change, but since I had promised a friend that I'd send one of my poems to this local magazine, I got to the task of doing just that. I felt so weird sending in my entry because the last time I had gotten something published in a newspaper was back in grade 7 or 8. After that I did work as editor in my school magazine during my senior year and published a few columns, but still. I had never published in Pakistan and it wasn't something that I had considered. Although part of me is pretty sure the poem won't make it through, lets just see what happens. I come to know this Friday, 'cause that's when the magazine comes out. So Sidra Chaudhry is doing things that she never thought she'd do. I mentioned this in a few blog entries before as well, so I'm sure you guys pretty much get the picture. :) Some of you might think I have gone mad, others might think I'm in love and still some others might have some other diagnosis of their own. Seriously, I don't know what's up with me. Or maybe I do and I'm just in denial. I got my dress for my upcoming welcome and the dude got a little carried away with making it. It is so ornate and it's so different from something I'd normally wear, but honestly looking at what others are wearing, I think I'm still very modest. It's such a hassle, getting matching shoes, matching jewelry and even a matching scarf to go with it. Ugh. Changing tracks, the weather's so beautiful today. It's raining like crazy and it's windy too. I feel like doing the bhangra on my terrace, but it's too cold. I just finished doing the surface anatomy of the lower limb and I am planning to do part of the upper limb because my assessment's close, but since I didn't nap in the afternoon, I dont feel I can retain much. I just can't get myself to study extra on weekdays, weekends are my ultimate study days. I have to go out in a while to get myself stuff for the welcome, see I told you, it has become a nuisance. Today was a good day at college, I don't know why. I was late in the morning, which sucked because I hate getting late. But the rest was cool, especially since the weather was so amazing. I'm going to end it here. :)

0 comments: