BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And I walk alone.


I just know that my feet walk in front,
where they are headed, I have no clue.
As the sun sets on the horizon,
my eyes wander around in search of you.
The branches whisper to each other,
wondering over my wandering so late,
how I wish I could sit and explain,
to them the mysteries of my fate.
The pelting stones of the past,
fall on my shoulders, weigh me down,
I can see my knees sinking so fast,
in great depths of anguish I drown.
I can barely look up into your eyes,
that's how much I've been wounded by lies,
Laughter is rare, smiles so foreign,
I'm trapped in a bubble, so bleak and barren.
My screams hardly recognized even by me,
I gasp for air, but there's hardly any.
I try to keep walking ahead,
into a land of broken and the dead,
where there would be no mortal,
I'm trying to find that enchanted portal.
I have to force myself to move,
the burden of the world is so hard to remove.
I walk over mud, I walk through snow,
still where I'm going, I don't really know.
All I know is that I walk alone,
in this world of strangers, so very alone.

0 comments: