BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Whatchamacallit. :)

My BP would be so under control if it wasn't for Facebook. I tell you, technology can be really ugly. Today was such a busy, busy Saturday. I woke up at 8:30 on a WEEKEND! After literally pushing breakfast down my esophagus, I decided to do myself a favor and start studying. Alhamdullilah, I managed to study a lot today, my head feels..giddy? =/ lol. Anyways, the SPECIAL part of the day was when I got a call from Saudi, from one of my favorite people- NAJWA. :) I seriously wanted to FLY all the way to RT and give her a bear hug for remembering me and calling me up just to check on how I was doing. Najwa, if you're reading this, I love you so much. We talked about our third grade issues, about old teachers, about the good old days and whenever her laughter would erupt through the phone, I'd feel like I was sitting next to her on the yellow benches that we used to sit on during recess back in school. It's incredible how a ten-twenty minute international call can make you smile through out your entire day, until your jaws start hurting from the exercise. Oh by the way, I broke a glass today. I know this sounds so abrupt and random, but currently I'm too sleepy to be making sense of anything. I did the most bizarre things today for real. I picked up so many grocery bags up and down until I felt my legs were going to revolt against me any minute. I watched news today after such a long time. I talked to my dad and my brother after a whole week or two. I bitched about people with my dad. I got into an argument with my brother over skype. I saw pictures of my Saudi home, my kitchen, my lounge, my dining room. I underlined more than half of my embryology book. I wrote down a whole nonsensical poem in 20 minutes in response to a classmate's note to cheer her up. I sacrificed a big box of cheesy-cheese flavored pringles by giving them to my kiddo cousin, who adorned the carpet with bits and pieces of them. I tripped over a box of detergent, TWICE. I read my wall-to-walls with old friends. I sat down and talk to myself a little bit. When I got the chance, I shed a few tears. Then I wiped them and felt better. I jumped on my bed until I was sure I was going to break the bed or myself into pieces. I went out on the terrace and looked down at the street, there was nothing interesting, just a grumpy guard who stared back. I stepped into a puddle of water on my freshly cleaned terrace and got myself wet. I opened up old emails and read them. They all brought a smile across my face and glint of moisture to my eye. But I decided to thank God for the wonderful times and the wonderful people He had put in my life.

I had a mad, mad day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noooooo You had a nice nice day! Anything that makes you feel better is NICE!

I am very tempted to do the same!

Sidra Ch. said...

Mad, as in crazy day :P I did have fun, but it was in a very unsual way. haha.

I think everyone should have such a day at least once. We all need it so much. :)