BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Debris.

I had to climb walls to reach out to you,
to step over bridges of fires and hue,
just to tame the distance that wildly grew,
kept widening, just between me and you.
I tried to keep up but I always failed,
my heart's fondest wishes forever veiled.
For every step forward, I kept walking back,
to areas of darkness, no light, just black.
I wish you knew what it was like to wait,
amidst so much pain and loss, at night so late.
I want you to feel the way it feels when,
what it's like to reel in so much chagrin.
I had to walk on embers of broken trust,
where everything I touched turned to dust.
Each smile from the past was another dagger,
each thought, each image causing me to stagger.
In the midst of darkness, in cages of solitude,
I'm sorry, but you won't know how I endured.
Sometimes it isn't the loss, that's the pain,
but the remains of what was once a gain.
The time has come when tears don't matter,
when you silently watch as I slowly shatter,
into so many pieces, fragments and bits,
I succumb to the series of blows and hits.
As I sink deeper and deeper into the quicksand,
I try one last time, to offer you my hand,
but the metallic gaze that you award me with,
is enough to bore me deep into the grit.
I want to express my deepest regards,
for at least being there to witness my shards,
you don't know how much that means to me,
thank you for turning me into nothing more than debris.

0 comments: