BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Samir Peer, a peer indeed. :P


Today is November 10, 2008 and almost around a year ago, I befriended someone who was not my idea of an ideal “friend”. So Samir Peer came to my school leaving his amazing school back in Michigan. When he first came, I thought he was dumb to leave CK and come all the way here, then I came to know the “real thang”. So it has been a whole year since I came to know Mr. Samir Peer aka DJ Lard Ass, hence the blog entry. There are very few people in this world, who have the patience to listen to someone like me rant, bitch and whine about things I cannot change in life and Mr.Peer happens to be a few of them. I don’t want to make this sound like a recommendation letter, but seriously, I think God sent him to Saudi, just to provide me with a loyal set of ears. Whenever Abqaiq bored the crap out of him, which meant most of the times, he’d come online and just listen to me complain about the National Honor Society, about teachers, about school, about workload, then we’d have our “precious” CK Connection talks. It was hilarious, now when I think of it. I think I was one of the people who bugged him THE most. I made him proofread emails, analyze msn conversations, and read potent amounts of text. Lol. I’m so sorry Samir, I’ve been pretty hard on you. Gosh, remember the way we tormented Tausif during the science fair season for physics? We left him to clear up the entire mess in the lab! And of course, Arabic class, where you always made dog noises to make fun of Hibah! The high school bulletin titled, “High School Happenings” and our Hindi/Urdu translation of it into “Kuch Kuch Hota Hai”. The wild photo sessions when we received our gowns. Your random calculator art during physics class. Jane eyre-related experiences with J.Lo. The cheating in those fugly English literature sheets about the characters in Jane Eyre. And of course, who in the world can forget Macbeth! Haha. How you came all dressed up in a red tie to play Banquo and the play got cancelled. Lol. And the physics lab about friction where you, Fawzi and I were in a group and we just thought we’d lose our marbles finding the friction co-efficient. Discussing about CK again and again and remembering the old days. And how you introduced Snow Patrol something, something and “Hey There Delilah” to me for my emotional times. Haha. The meet ups at TGI Fridays and of course Starbucks. Horse fever, enough said. I have to mention that I’ve never seen a person like Samir, who actually measures the distance between his current location and the nearest bathroom before taking a shower. Lol. He’d prefer waiting over taking a longer route to the bathroom. Haha. One thing common between us was our skill for story-telling. Lol. CK stories never ended from your end and my rants and grudges never ended either. I think we both were desperate for attention. Lol. There’s so much stuff that I can’t even fit in here even if I really want. You’re prolly wondering why I wrote this, well, Samir, because I had a lot of free time in the land of the Saudis. Lol. No, on a more serious note, because I think after reading several pages of pure crap just because of my nagging, you deserve a public tribute. Lol. I promise, I will add to this later. Insh’Allah. This does not do you complete justice.

Thank you so very much for tolerating me. Please keep up the good work :P haha.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... how nostalgic... :( I rily miss those days... we seemed almost carefree...

Juz wen u thought saudi cudnt affect you wnymore... it juz suddenly sneaks up behind u and remind f all the good things...

It woz rily worth reading... especially f ur part f those times.. lol...

My best regards to Samir as well, wer ever u r...