BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Go Figure.


So today was no different than any other day ever since I came from Pakistan on Oct 15. I woke up late, as usual. I surfed the net, as usual. Refreshed my facebook home page a gazzilion times, as usual. But what was unusual was the fact that I talked to Anam Satti using voice clips! Tadaa! It may sound totally absurd and dumb, but yes, it was an experience in itself. She'd record her "hello, hello" and I would be too lazy to reply back. And when I'd record a message, she wouldn't feel like talking to me. We were pretty much jobless. Besides this new venture of talking over voice clips, I packed our luggage for cargo. It was so freaking hectic! I packed just four cartons and I felt as if I was shifting from one planet to the next, instead of from Saudi to Pakistan. I watched my mother wrap porcelain plates in thick layers of fabric. I watched my dad count the number of cartons and estimate the time they would reach us back in Islamabad. I, on the other hand, was very excited about the whole prospect of living in a new place, where I had never even imagined myself to be. Seriously, life takes you to places unknown! I dumped my whole collection of souvenirs into a carton, shoved bubble wraps around the corners to prevent them from damage and manhandling. I literally had to sit on top of the box to keep the bits and bobs from pouring outside. Then I duct taped the whole carton again and again and again, until it was fully covered in brown-colored plastic. I did this to four boxes and then I just ran out of steam. I hope they open up easily when we hurl them all the way to our new house! Insh'Allah!

Changing tracks, I'm visiting school AGAIN, tomorrow. Yes, for the second time. I wanted to post up my experience of visiting school the very first time, but I've been lazy. I have written up most of that blog entry, but I can't find the time and patience to finish it off at the moment. This time I'm going alone, so that I can spend time with my teachers and beg a few to return my project work to me. I hope it goes well! Insh'Allah. Even though I already visited school once, I still feel so excited about visiting it again. I picked out my clothes, my shoes, my matching scarf, my bag and just everything. Because I know people will be looking at me, top to bottle, to see what ISG-Dammam "produce" looks like post-graduation. So I better look "decent". This may sound pompous and self-obsessive, but hey, everyone's image conscience!

Before ending this, I want to express my heartiest feelings towards Luqman & Najwa. I seriously feel that they both deserve a slap from me, for being so lazy and ditching me completey. Kiddos, I didn't expect this from you guys. We should have met! =[

It's around 12:23 A.M and I need to go to bed early to ensure that I get up on time to go to school.

Good night.

2 comments:

يومـيـ/ـات مهايـطي(ماعليّ زود) said...

have a good night sidra

>>>>saudi

you are welcome to your second country

best regards

Anonymous said...

Dat blog is a far cry from ur old days of daily ranting and wantin school to end... LOL

Im glad im nt da only one who has found a new appreciation for our old school...