BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Vottay Day.

I have an off tomorrow! Thanks to Quaid-e-Azam Day! *all smiles* But I have to go back to college on Friday, which sorta sucks, since I have my foundation module assessment that day! This is going to be our "first" assessment in medical school and that's why I'm a little apprehensive about it. sighs. I hope all my scrawny notes come into use while I'm studying for the test, insh'Allah. Umm, today was interesting! We did communication skills with two professors, Dr. Fawad Qaiser & Dr. Mati-ur-Rehman, it was quite interesting in the beginning, but then seriously it dragged on a little too much. Both of them randomly picked students from the hall and dragged them onto stage for answering questions or role playing...haha, it scared the living daylights out of many! Thank God I was totally invisible to them! I'm so glad I have an off tomorrow! I just want to hibernate. I'm enjoying the winters, but getting up in the freezing cold is just pure torture. =/ Today Saneea, Ayla and I took a long, long walk in the Shifa lawns, while we discussed our hawt favorites from class. lol. It was amazing. I totally shocked Saneea with the amount of food I ate. "Moti ho jao gi!" she exclaimed when I declared my menu for both my breaks. haha. My canteen has all kinds of food, which becomes short a little too quickly.. I consume so many bottles of soft drinks, which is NOT healthy at all. I need to cut down on them. But I seriously can't digest food without some kind of a carbonated drink, especially pepsi! But I guess, it's time to change now, Sidra. I just had yellow m&ms, the ones with peanuts in them. I always found the peanuts in them stale and raw. Sometimes I feel like suing the company for it. But I eat them anyways, regardless. I guess, I've turned into this big, fat, grouchy potato that just complains and wants to do nothing about anything. Oh by the way, I was chewing on wrigley's chewing gum in class today. Something that I didn't do in the longest time. I think I chewed a little too much, 'cause even before I knew the gum had totally dissolved in my mouth and was now sticking to my lips! I was trying to get it off, so that I wouldn't look like a cow, but I was totally helpless 'cause I didn't have any mirror to see whether it was off or not. lol. I'm NEVER chewing gum in class again. I've learnt my lesson today! Lessons, that's what we got today. How to become a better listener, a better speaker, a better communicator etc. As Dr. Mati-ur-Rehman lectured us about good communication skills, I could see each and every flaw in my personal communication skills stick their tongue out at me. I talked too much, out of which only 3 % of the things made sense, I didn't give others the chance to talk, I just wanted people to hear me out and agree with me. Basically, I was being an unhealthy competitor. I almost got into an argument AGAIN with one of my friends, or should I say an msn contact that I become too concerned about at times. I don't know. *rolleyes* I guess, I fail at showing people how concerned I am and end up sounding too harsh and uptight. But then I don't need to go around publicising my intents either, so it's okay. Anyways, I will add more to this later, with spicier updates, insh'Allah.

0 comments: