BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

It Rained Pain Today.


It rained pain on me today,
It soaked me wet,
It made me want to drown,
It filled me with regret.

It rained flames on me today,
It burnt me dry,
It made me want to burn,
It just made me want to die.

It rained blood on me today,
It colored me a total crimson,
It made me want to run away,
It weighed upon me more than a ton.

When the rains all ceased,
I stopped to gather my pieces,
One here, another there,
Nothing looked at ease.

There was a torrent of sorrow,
then a lightening of grief,
Right now I'd do anything,
to cut my life really brief.

Every step of mine,
was too stalled,
I felt so worthless,
so useless, so small.

The sun burnt my eyes,
The rains soaked my soul,
I was all alone,
There was nobody to call.

In the midst of the storm,
I stood like a burnt match,
looking at the ruthless sky,
for a single star to catch.

It was too dark,
I couldn't see a thing,
There were thorns,
and flowers that'd sting.

Rocks tore my flesh,
Pebbles pelted my eyes,
Thorns poked my soul,
I was now deaf to my own cries.

So it rained pain today,
and it purged me inside-out,
and now I'm left to melt,
in the fire of doubt.

0 comments: