BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

100 Watters and much much more!

This world is SO small. That's what hits me between the eyes whenever I end up seeing so many mutual friends with different people on Facebook :P... I'm enjoying the signature-style Islamabadish winters. I like, I really like. Things are cool so far, alhamdullilah. We are doing airy fairy concepts in our foundation module, which I won't call "useless", but just a lil too overboard maybe. The only reason I go to college daily is to meet my friends. lol. I'm glad that I made a lot of good friends in such little time. It seems like we've all known each other since a pretty long time! At least that's what we wanna tell others :P haha. I guess it's because all of us are starting a new phase in our lives and we're all so very new to the whole "college experience"..it's nice actually, I didn't have to sit down in a corner and brainstorm about way to barge into cliques to make some space for myself :P Things just naturally fell into place instead of falling apart. So all's great, alhamdullilah. And I really hope it stays this way, insh'Allah.

Changing tracks, I installed a hardware device in my laptop for the first time in my 18 year old life. I can so imagine Haseeb laughing his guts out at this! But it's not all that hard as it seems :P I did have a hard time putting in the ink catridges. I was paranoid that I'd damage them in some way while trying to force them into the socket. I did a lot of important kaam yesterdayyy! I read through EBM, Evidence Based Medicine, I folded all my extra clothes, installed my printer AND talked to Naseeha on the phone! So I'm very happy with all my accomplishments! :P I got a lot done! The weather gets so nice around the afternoon. I really like it! It puts a 100-watter on my face :P the mornings and nights are TOO cold, you don't want to step out of the covers. I'm in my favorite pink sweatshirt with its hoodie and socks when I go to bed, it's THAT cold. I miss the way winters were back home. lol. Even the slightest drop in temperature was considered "COLD" and would force everyone to visit Rashid or Mall of Dhahran to update their winter wardrobe! And of course, who can forget to mention the countless photo sessions we conducted in the winters! And the garam garam spring rolls with pools of ketchup and chilli sauce from the canteen! And the nasty mile we had to run in the cold, which we tried to cheat at :P haha. I'm in the mood of writing a GOOD poem. I have a few ideas, but I'm just trying to put things together for a while. Sighs. When I mention to anyone over here that I've never seen snow in my life, they all give me THE look. I tell them that the only snow I saw was in "Snow World"...lol...a synthetic ice/snow arena in an amusement park back in Saudi...haha. I basically prove that I'm such a sad, sad person. =P I got off early today! Like around 12. It was just so cool. I came hope and took a much-needed power nap and enjoyed lazing around with no assignments to worry about. But honestly speaking, my minds craves some amount of stimulation, academically speaking. =/ Ah, enough bakwaas. I will add more later.

0 comments: