BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Home-li-ness.

It has been ages since I came here. I know, I know, I've been negligent. I'm sorry, I was in Islamabad and shifting and moving into a totally new place isn't child's play. Especially in such cold winters! Sighs. I loved my new house so much, mash'Allah! I chose my room only because I loved the bathroom attached to it. lol. My three-day trip to Islamabad was totally cool. I fell in love with my new house, I loved the area around, I met up with my Oona for life and I enjoyed the weather to the extremes. Alhamdullilah, it was a wholesome experience! Part of me didn't want to come back to Lahore, but then of course I couldn't celebrate Eid alone without my relatives. I just came back yesterday and I miss my house already. We set up 80 % of the house already in the first 2-3 days we went there. Just a few knick knacks left to sort out and insh'Allah that will be all done with when we get there on the 11th or 12th this month. As soon as my mom and I got there, we were so excited about our new house that we decided to sleep in our house instead of going over to our relative's house. That night, we shivered to sleep, literally. There were no carpets and no heaters in the notorious Islamabad-ish cold. So just imagine the height of discomfort we experienced, but one benefit out of the experience was that we realized 'what' exactly we'd need to beat the cold. The next two days we were out, sometimes in Rawalpindi, sometimes within Islamabad, shopping for grocery, plants, or random electrical devices. It was quite interesting. I must say that Islamabad's plant nurseries are just so very amazing. I could just sit there the whole day and enjoy watching the grass grow, especially in the kind of weather it was that day. We spent around an hour and a half sifting through different plants and deciding which ones to get for our verandah. As we were busy selecting plants, a street vendor showed up with freshly sliced and seasoned carrots, which were coated with radish juice, brushed up with fresh orange juice and chaat masala sprinkled all over. It made my eyes and mouth water! It was amazing, although my jaw hurt later due to the massive chewing job that I had to do! The vendor's basket looked so cool, perched up on his old bicycle and all organized and so colorful. I even took a picture when he wasn't looking! I will post it up later. Gosh, I have so much to do. I still haven't put up my PIA experience up. I really want to. God knows when I get the time. Please bear with me and my delays.

0 comments: