BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let Go.


Today I have decided to finally let go.

My palms face upward, my fingers apart,

I'm going to let you go,

even if it breaks my heart.

Each step you take,

I feel it on my chest,

You're taking with you my everything,

leaving me to a quest.

When you glance at me one last time,

my lashes quiver to contain the flood,

When you let out a long sigh,

The coolness freezes my blood.

As the dust rises around your feet,

I'm left to stare at the ground,

feeling like the helpless earth beneath,

My heart forgets to pound.

As I stare at the back of your head,

Your neck so stiff, held up high,

I bow my head in shame,

I can't even look up at the sky.

When I raise my lids,

I want you to turn,

I want to see your face once more,

my hurt and mind churns.

My eyes keep wandering,

Now, now, I know, you'll look,

I keep telling myself,

but it's hard to regain whatever you took.

My eyes keep following,

searching for you through trees,

But alas,you're gone,

like silk without a crease.

Now that I've let you go,

I want to free everything,

A clear crystal shines somewhere,

forcing me to think.

A little bit of pain,

goes a very long, long way,

So I decide to cut myself deeper,

and live this as my last day.

When I see red, I smile,

that's the color of your heart,

I feel cold and then warm,

Now I feel you and I are on the same path.

Only directions are different,

No worries about that,

I ascend and you descend,

That's all to be exact.

So today I decided to let go of you,

of the pain I gave you,

of the tears that streamed down my cheeks,

of the days when we skipped through meadows,

of the times we spent catching butterflies,

of the dreams we saw together,

of the clouds that rained upon us,

of this life, which was so meaningless without you.

0 comments: