BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Walking Down the Lane, Again. [June 8, 2008]

It's just been a year,
but it seems so queer,
that things are so far,
that were once so near.

Those walks down aisles,
those tears, those smiles,
final words, parting of ways,
leaving behind the olden days.

With glowing faces,
with watery eyes,
those lop-sided smiles,
just waiting to cry.

A maroon gown,
an NHS stoll,
so many memories,
I'm left to recall.

Walking backwards,
down the lane,
experiencing it all,
all over again.

A tossed cap,
a fluttering tassle,
when what to wear to grad,
was the biggest hassle.

The faces run through my mind,
shining, radiating with light,
each one a deep memory,
holding onto me so tight.

Another eight, another June,
same old winds, but different monsoons,
flying like old parchments,
shards of memories line pavements.

And as I walk with my head high,
onto my face each memory collides,
the radiant past burns my insides,
for my heart longs to cry,
on the same set of shoulders,
it yearns for the days so older.

The same song plays in my ears,
it glides with every sliding tear,
"breakaway" it whispers to me,
it fills me with warmth, with glee.

I open old boxes so full,
pouring out my treasures,
deeper into emo seas they pull,
depths that nobody can ever measure.

A shirt, a note, a card,
a wilting rose, a flower so dead,
everything dances around in my head,
piercing like old shards,
wounding me with such grace,
things I could just never replace.

with every rustle of the wind,
through my tangled, messy hair,
there comes a new glow,
that grows when shared.

As I sit here after a year,
with blank eyes, so devoid of tears,
a smile creeps onto my lips,
as the keys drum under my fingertips,
I'm looking at old snaps,
of those blood-red gowns and flying caps,
I'm recalling the times when,
the seventy of us marched out,
holding very high our heads and chins.

This is just to tell each one of you,
that no matter what each of us do,
a part of us always is and always will,
will be so empty, only to be filled,
by those days we spent together,
by those laughters and smiles,
by those tears and those frowns,
by those fiery ups and downs,
whenever we look over our backs,
we'll see the same old tracks,
calling out to us, to come back.


This is for the class of 2008.

Happy Graduation Anniversary! :)

1 comments:

Eraj said...

this is so sweet.....
past memories have their own charm....
n they always are so dear :)