BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Very Small Wonders.

The weather's so amazing. Rain, thunder, strong cool winds, and more rain. The only ugly thing's the test I have tomorrow. I woke up at 12 today after such a long, long time. It felt very weird. Well, I had slept at 4 AM, so that explained the late start of the day. After wasting a lot of time, I finally forced myself to review anatomy. I guess God rewarded me with the awesome weather later. It started off with just a very gloomy sky, lots of clouds and then I heard my mom complain about how the laundry would all go wet under the rain. At first I just watched the drops cautiously from my window. Then I decided to open the door to the verandah, just to stand there and listen to the rain slap against the tiled floor. Then I decided to pull of the laundry off my balcony, just the excuse I needed to get out. I ran out, yanked the bed linens, the freshly hung clothes off the line, taking my own sweet time. I was in no hurry to get back in. But eventually I had to. But seriously, what an experience it was. I just wanted to stand in the middle of the rain, let it do its work. Wash off every bit of stupidity and frustrations off me. I wanted to experience getting wet to the very core of my being. I wanted to do the bhangra on my terrace. lol. This kind of weather NEVER made me want to study. I felt like calling up a friend, or no, I felt like eating chocolate cake. I didn't know what I really wanted to do, but I was just so overwhelmed by the sudden rain. I thanked the Lord that I wasn't expecting any guests today. Yesterday was crazy, but still fun. My second grader and sixth grader cousins came over to visit their Sidra apa. What an evening it was. They wanted to play "beauty salon" and "doctor, doctor" with me. First they used my limited make up stock to make me look like a "I don't know what". Minahil thought that by drawing three dots at the ends of my eyes, I'd look very "pyaari". According to Amina, I should leave my hair loose in the icky summer heat because I looked better that way. Then they both fought over who'd put lipgloss on me. So finally I had to intervene to sort the feud amicably. Amina would put it on my upper lip and Minahil would do my lower lip. Then after this "cake-up" session was over, Minahil spotted my mom's stethoscope and declared that she wanted to play "doctor". I was made the sick patient, while Amina and Minahil diagnosed me with a disease that nobody had the cure to except them. I was ordered to drink milk three times a day with panadol and 5 strepsils after every meal. lol. As we were busy playing doctor, Rida my 3 year old cousin and also Amina's little sister started crying because we weren't letting her fool around with the stethoscope. I was always very bad with calming kids down. I tried to pacify her, but then just gave up. She continued whining and out of utmost frustration I told her that my anatomy instructors in college were looking for crybabies to inject them with this new drug, which tickled them so much that they kept laughing for no reason. Thank God, she believed me. lol. I felt evil, but anything to get a kid from crying. Anyways, I'm just going to shut up. I have nothing more to add, plus it's getting late and I have a test tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. Insh'Allah, it should go well.=)

0 comments: