BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Lost Aroma!"


The same steaming mug of coffee,
with whirls of steam dancing,
the aroma mixing into the air,
the froth crowning it on top.
With my gaze, I try my best,
but it's so hard to separate,
you from the swirls of steam,
dissipating into nothing,
but leaving me behind to wait.
Tracing the brim with my finger,
one circle after another,
and just the swirls of steam,
rising and disappearing before me.
Next to the window where the cup rests,
I lift my heavy gaze now and then,
waiting for you to come, wondering when,
tracing the swirls tires me,
following them with my eyes,
deeply breathing them in,
realizing just how long it's been.
Just as the mist collects on glass,
a silhouette appears, it's you alas!
As I run to the door,
I just tend to ignore,
the cup resting on the edge,
which now lay on the floor,
broken, like a forlorn pledge.
With a broken spirit, I just stare,
the coffee flowing at my feet,
the swirls are long gone,
lost like a sudden heart beat,
just the coffee, flowing slowly.








Ps: A special thank you to Sami Bhai for suggesting the title! :)

0 comments: