BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Because life can't wait.

Before someone blatantly accuses me of being obsessed with TV commercials about shampoos, I want to explain that I have nothing to do with endorsing SunSilk products all over the Middle East, instead I'm rather impressed with how simply this one cheesy tagline holds such a deep meaning to it. Life, seriously, "can't" wait... It couldn't wait for me to get used to drinking from a cup instead of a bottle, it couldn't wait for me to keep holding my dad's finger to walk instead of running the mile in my gym class back in high school, it couldn't wait for me to sulk over how I got rejected by AKU, it couldn't wait for me to forever brood over the fact that I'd be away from my set of friends and familiar faces, whose shade I'd literally grown up under. I felt as I had to put all my efforts in to keep up with the fast pace of life. But anyways, no regrets, chin up and head high. Alhamdullilah!
Today was no different from any other day in my summer-mode-of-life. I woke up around 3 in the afternoon after sleeping at around 6 in the morning. Unhealthy, I know, but what else do I do? I woke up in the midst of cardboard boxes, suitcases, knicks and knacks all haphazardly adorning my bedroom floor. As soon as I rolled out of bed, I was greeted by a painful thud on my shin, due to a huge box lying just at the foot of my bed. The mere sight of such a mess was enough to irritate me to the extremes, so I set myself to the arduous task of clearing out the clutter and double-filtering so much of stuff from my luggage. I folded clothes, organized my never-ending scarf collection, looked over my other accessories that I "planned" to carry with me to the land of the Pakis. Who said packing was fun? Well, I thought that way until I had to solely take responsibility of it all. Sighs. As I was trying to make some "living space" for myself in my room, I came across so many tid bits stored here and there [read stashed] around in the most bizarre places. Honestly, I wasn't really surprised, since I knew I had done all this myself to evade my mom's frequent room inspections. Before your imagination runs wild to realms unknown, let me assure you that those "tid bits" consisted of incomplete friendship bands, old mittens, ticket stubs, candy wrappers, random ribbons, gift wrapping paper and other sort of miscellaneous junk that I had diligently gathered to make myself a scrapbook. I had started the scrapbook around July, a time when my wounds were fresh, I had freshly graduated and my memories and nostalgia were hitting me between the eyes every few hours. I had managed to complete one or two pages, and I really wanted to finish it up before college started. After finding the scrapbook in the darkest corner of my wardrobe, I decided to continue from where I had stopped. I wanted each page of the book to be a story of its own. The first page consisted of my graduation-related events. The next page talked about my senior year. The book follows a "downward spiral" sort of a theme, and I really don't know why I chose it to be that way. It was probably because we're so caught up with "WYSIWYG" [What You See Is What You Get"] mode of life, that we fail to see "beyond" the apparent. Yes, I graduated, but there was a whole tale behind it, full of laughter, joy, fun, tears, emotions, ups and downs...The story would be incomplete without the background. I really hope I get to complete it, although my laziness and procrastination's at peak levels!
Changing tracks, these days I'm trying to read an Urdu novel by a famous novelist, "Umera Ahmad", it's called "Thora Sa Aasman" [A Bit of the Sky]. So far, it's quite interesting. It talks about how everyone in their rat-race lives wants to gain everything in just a single and first attempt and how sometimes we sacrifise so much to gain hold of something that's nothing more than an illusion. Don't worry, I'm not going to the narrate the whole plot in here. If you're an Urdu-reader, I'd definitely recommend you to read it. Seriously, reading is so convenient. You just have to sit in a corner, get yourself something good to eat and keep reading on and on. You don't even have to move a muscle. THAT is just how lazy I have become. To add to the misery, I have started binge-eating like no other. Lays, Cheetos, Cadbury, Twix, Kinder Bueno, Doritoes, Pringles, Pepsi, Coke, it''s ALL in my digestive system. Unhealthy again, I know. Sighs. I need to do something about it too.
I'm so glad to be back home, it's not even funny. Not that I was being tortured in Pakistan, I love that place [on the map :P]. Actually, for a person like me, I need a dose of both places to be fully content. There are certainly things in Pakistan that I can't enjoy in Saudi and there are many things here that I can't think of having in Pakistan. But so far, so good. Most of my friends are at their universities, while I sit here and get fat. Some of my friends are in here, but I just can't seem to make plans with them. Either I get lazy or some kind of transport issues pop up. I so wanted to visit school, check up on my teachers, meet a few friends, but going alone is equal to getting bored the whole day and getting unwanted attention and stares from those around, so I'm looking up and down for anyone, who'd like to visit school with me. I'm desperate. haha.
Well, I guess, that's it for today. My blog entries were becoming very up-tight and magazine-material, so I "tried" to be different this time. Hope it works. If it doesn't, well, then it just doesn't.
Cheers.

0 comments: