BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Barren.

Once upon a time I cared
for all the times we spent,
now all I have left in my hands,
are shattered dreams and regret.

I walk alone on familiar lanes,
rainy days and shadowy trees.
My heart sinks in inrecognizable pains,
I burnt myself to bear tortures like these.

Running away from the past that I had,
shaking with fear as it catches up with me,
leaving me restless, hopeless and mad,
further spoiling my already cursed up decree.

I collect my tears in jars of flesh,
squinting to the blinding sunshine,
my heart now churned into mesh,
giving away whatever was mine.

My pillow bears the burden of my head,
engrossed in thoughts of me and you,
wondering why this had to end,
trying to find the faintest clue.

The waves of pain rise and fall,
beating against the shore of my breath,
for help, don't know who to call,
poison fills my veins, forming a venomous wreath.

My eyes forgot to blink,
my heart forgot to beat,
this is what love brings, i think,
just a very miserable defeat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully composed... I know how you feel. Been there... several times.

thanks for sharing it with me...

Sidra Ch. said...

thanks erickson! :D