BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

And I Never Felt the Same.

i looked at the paths,
the dusty roads,
the broken garden gate,
the rusty ways,
the old routes,
and other remnants of our fate.
trust me, i never felt the same.


the trees all standing,
tall and still,
the winds rustling,
over the hills,
a reminder of all that once was,
stories that i kept close to heart,
and never, i never felt the same.



each night i lit a candle,
hoping you'd come,
each night i blew it off,
realizing what we had become.
the distance increased, more than i could tame,
and again, i never felt the same.



the sun shines the same way,
so does it set.
the rains still beat the roof,
making my heart wet,
the moon still talks about you,
but i don't because i never felt the same.



as my breath rises and falls,
my heart skips a beat,
my insides churn at all sounds,
a fire burns inside,
hoping we'd meet.
alas, my faith turns out blind,
since i know, i never felt the same.



the shores etched with prints,
tell another tale,
the tides still beat the sands,
and whisper to the gale,
the sand sifts through my bare hands,
truly, i never felt the same.



the stars, the clouds,
the skies,witness my incessant cries,
the tears in my eyes have now dried,
scars have covered my soul,
i didn't need comfort,
no need of anyone to console,
because anyway, i never felt the same.



i still search in hidden darkness,
for you again and again,
i call out your name,
without any gains.
my heart now accustomed to this new pain,
i realize, i never felt the same.

0 comments: